This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BRAMFORD SHIP LANE TM 1246 9/81 The Old Primary School and School House (formerly 28.6.78 listed as The Old School) - II Meeting rooms and attached house, formerly village school and school-house.
1860, with several later C19 extensions; limestone plaque within a gable gives details of the raising of funds by public subscription. Central single- storey schoolroom; 3 gabled blocks to right contain further schoolrooms, and the 2-storeyed school-house is to left. Black knapped flint-work with dres- sings of red brick. Plain tiled roofs with axial and external chimneys of red brick. Windows in the schoolrooms are double and triple lancets, the upper parts contained within half dormers or within gables; chamfered reveals and heads of gauged brick. School-house windows are 4-centred arched, with Y-traceried wooden subframes and small-pane casements. 1-storey gabled entrance porches with pointed doorways and boarded doors.
Listing NGR: TM1256246386
Copyright IoE Mrs B.A. Curtis. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Curtis, B.A.
Rights Holder: Curtis, B.A.
Brick, Flint, Tile, Victorian Teachers House, Domestic, House, Dwelling, School, Education, School House, Monument <By Form>, Village Hall, Civil, Meeting Hall, Public Building, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument