This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BRAMFORD CHURCH GREEN TM 1246 9/71 Nos. 2,4,6 and 8 (Formerly listed as House 9.12.55 on south side of Ship Lane, opposite Bramford House) - II
3 dwellings, formerly The Swan Inn. Early C16; a 2-bay extension was added in C17 to rear left. 2 storeys, 3-cell plan. Timber-framed, the framing is exposed with plastered infill panels. The upper floor is jettied along the front wall. Plaintiled roof with axial chimney of red brick. Mainly small- pane casements of C19 and C20, with leaded glazing. A central C19 canted bay window with plaintiled roof has panels of original herringbone pargetting. A reset C16 or C17 plank entrance door with moulded battens cuts into an original moulded mullioned window. The exposed framing is of high quality.
At the jetty the bressumer is moulded, and the supporting brackets are rosette carved and spring from pilasters. Arch-braced close studwork. A former parlour window to left had moulded jambs and mullions; its flanking pair of 5- light side windows remain, blocked. 3 of the original upper floor windows were of oriel form.
Listing NGR: TM1268246385
This is part of the Series: IOE\Curtis_B.A. IOE Records for Curtis, B.A.; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mrs B.A. Curtis. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Curtis, B.A.
Rights Holder: Curtis, B.A.
Brick, Pargeting, Plaster, Tile, Timber, Medieval Jettied House, Tudor Monument <By Form>, Jettied Building, Timber Framed Building, Timber Framed House, House, Domestic, Dwelling, Public House, Commercial, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational