This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
CHURCH ROAD 1.
4430 (East Side) BEDDINGTON Orangery Wall at Beddington Place TQ 2965 SE 13/40 21.1.54.
II GV 2.
Erected l690 (MS description of gardens in England by J Gibson, 1691, read to Society of Antiquaries 1796). Length 192 ft 10 ins. One storey red brick divided into 9 bays by plain rubbed red brick. Doric pilasters, each bay having 2 blank round arched 'windows'. Plinth; rubbed brick cornice, blocking course and stone capping. East end of front has a rubbed brick Doric doorway with triglyph frieze and pediment; round arch, and 10 fielded panel door. The wall tops are much weathered and decayed and parts of the capping etc are gone. To the East formerly a pair of ashlar gate piers and urns in poor repair, now gone.
Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Lychgates, Churchyard Wa11s and wall along Church Lane, Orangery Wall, Beddington Place, gate and screen, Pigeon House, Nos 1 to 3 (consec) Beddington Park Cottages, premises occupied by Hockey Club and adjoining structure, East Lodge, wall south-west of Beddington Park Cottages and garden walls to north of 0rangery and Beddington Place form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ2970865269
© Mr Robert Taverner. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Taverner, Robert
Rights Holder: Taverner, Robert
Stone, Brick, Stuart Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Orangery, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Glasshouse, Garden Building