This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
HIGH STREET 1.
1445 (South Side) SZ 5089 SW 3/187 Unitarian Chapel II 2. Set back from the street between Nos 9 and 10. Early C19 though the founding date is 1774. 2 storeys deep red brick with a full width brick pediment with painted coping, deep stucco frieze, with projecting centre panel, decorated with Chinoisaire incised pattern. 3 Gothic windows with intersecting glazing bars, the centre one wider and with continuous block sill on 1st floor, rubbed brick arches on thin stucco imposts. Central double doors with fielded panels blind pointed fanlight with intersecting glazing bars, panelled reveals and soffit. Stucco architrave surround with flanking colonettes and roll moulded arch over.
Listing NGR: SZ5016789183
Copyright IoE Rev Robert Rudd. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Rudd, Robert
Rights Holder: Rudd, Robert
Brick, Stucco, Georgian Unitarian Chapel, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship