This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SU 98 SW TAPLOW CLIVEDEN ROAD (Cliveden)
7/3 Spring Lodge -
Early C19 extended c1860 by G Devey. South end is early C19 stucco with fish- scale slate roof. Canted 3-sided south end with Gothic tracery to door and win- dows each side. One similar window on west side. Added to south end c1860 is a broad open timber balcony with ornate half-timbered gable. Attached at north end is roughcast range with fishscale slate roof. A large gable with half- timber and tiles in apex and a mullion and transom window forms crosswing with, to north, a range with half-dormer over a Gothic open loggia. Loggia walls and floors tiled with HS monogramme painted and encaustic tiles. To north again a painted brick and half-timber range of c1860 with plain tile roof. 3 large diagonal stacks on south side. Main front has ground floor bay window with oversailing half-timbered gable above. Oriel window under stepped forward gable apex. The early C19 work is probably the 'Tea Room' built over a mineral spring in 1813 by P F Robinson for the Countess of Orkney.
Listing NGR: SU9089184522
Copyright IoE Dale Venn. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Venn, Dale
Rights Holder: Venn, Dale
Brick, Encaustic Tile, Roughcast, Slate, Stucco, Tile, Timber, Georgian Lodge, Victorian Domestic, Tea House, Recreational, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Loggia, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Garden Building, Spring, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Supply Site