This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SU 98 SW TAPLOW HUNT'S LANE
7/695 Hitchambury - - II
Old Rectory for Hitcham Parish. The Cl7 portion is to be seen at the back of the right hand return. It is one bay deep and was originally 2-storeyed only.
But it and the enlarged house now all of 2 storeys plus attic. Externally, the house is now mostly of the C19 and early C20. Of the former period, some diapered brick walling on the garden front where there is a stone panel with the arms of King's College, Cambridge, the motto 'Eso perpetua' and the date 1866. Of the later period, the entrance front, E-shaped in plan and with some tile-hanging. All windows casements with leaded lights.
Listing NGR: SU9134783086
Copyright IoE Dale Venn. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Venn, Dale
Rights Holder: Venn, Dale
Brick, Tile, Tudor House, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Domestic, Jacobean Dwelling, Vicarage, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument