This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
THE PARADE 1.
5407 (West Side) No 24 SU 1869 1/287 II 2.
Late C18. Stucco ground floor. Colourwashed brick 1st floor. Hipped slate roof with overhanging earves. Brick stacks. 2 storeys and attics. Ground floor has 2 semi-circular bowed shopfronts with C19 plate glass, flanked by reeded pilasters, with convex roundels on capitals, cornice to whole. Central 4-panel double doors, part-glazed with oblong famlights with glazing bars. Above this is canted oriel with moulded cornice and sashes with glazingbars. To left hand is loft door, part glazed, over open carriage entrance. 1 sash with glazing bars to right hand. Extension to right hand under same roof. Ground floor has door with fanlight with C19 stained glass, flanked by similar pilasters and late C19 casement. 1st floor has 1 sash with glazing bars. 2 modern attic dormers.
Listing NGR: SU1896969138
Copyright IoE Mrs Hilary Mack. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Mack, Hilary
Rights Holder: Mack, Hilary
Brick, Slate, Stucco, Georgian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Shop, Commercial