This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
HIGH STREW 1.
4430 (South Side) CARSHALTON East and West Churchyard Walls TQ 2764 SE 20/79 TQ 2864 SW 23/79 II GV 2. East churchyard wall to south of No 4 is a high structure of brick with capping, probably of C19 date; this extends south from No 4 High Street as far as corner behind No l3 The Square; from this point it turns west; brick pilasters and 2 brick piers with capping. At western corner a brick pier with the following inscription: "To the glory of God and in loving memory of Palliser Barrow all the land south and west of this spot was given to extend the churchyard by Samuel Barrow JP of The Grove, Carshalton, April 1915".
North-west wall of churchyard which also forms boundary with Madeley Cottage and St Mary's comprises part of former boundary wall to Carshalton Park; C18; red brick with some patching; this continues south and west to rear of Nos 20 and 21 Church Hill and to north as far as west entrance to churchyard by Madeley Cottage; entry by Madeley Cottage flanked by wide low stuccoed piers. To north of this, low stuccoed wall with plinth and capping extends as far as north Churchyard Walk.
From the south the Church forms a group with No 4 High Street, with churchyard walls and with wall to south of No 6 High Street [See other group note for Church].
Listing NGR: TQ2794964415
Copyright IoE Mr Robert Taverner. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Taverner, Robert
Rights Holder: Taverner, Robert
Brick, Stucco, Stuart Wall, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative, Plaque