This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
FESTIVAL WALK 1.
4430 CARSHALTON The Old Rectory TQ 2764 NE 18/58 16.3.54.
II GV 2.
Circa 1700. 2 storeys, red brick with black brick headers. 4 sash windows in cased frames. Tall basement storey with old leaded casement windows. Moulded wood eaves cornice with tall old slate hipped roof, with 2 hipped roof leaded casement dormers. Entrance to right of centre approached by flight of 10 splayed stone steps with plain old iron rails. Doorcase with panelled architrave, carved brackets and segmental pedimented hood. Panelled door with glazed top. Sun Fire Insurance mark. Sides of similar general character, fenestration uneven.
The appearance of the front elevation is unspoiled, and the stream running to the South considerably enhances the charm of its setting.
The Old Rectory forms a group with the Water Pavillion to Carshalton House, with the boundary wall to Carshalton House in West Street, with Nos 2 to 12 and 18 to 24 (even) West Street, and with Nos 3 to 11 (odd) West Street and No 15 West Street.
Listing NGR: TQ2777564507
Copyright IoE Mr Robert Taverner. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Taverner, Robert
Rights Holder: Taverner, Robert
Brick, Slate, Stuart Vicarage, Georgian Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Monument <By Form>