This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST 56 NW FLAX BOURTON POST OFFICE LANE (west side)
7/87 St. Michael's House and Cottage
House, now subdivided. Circa 1700, altered mid C18 and C19. Render, lined out as ashlar; plain tiled roof with a hip in the slope to the left part; dentilled eaves cornice; brick stacks. St. Michael's House is the main part to the left.
2 storeys and attics in catslide dormers; 3 bays, 2-light casement windows, French windows to the right and a 16-pane glazing bar sash window on the first floor with a blind box. 2 storey, single bay extension to the right (The Cottage). 6-panel door off-centre to left under C20 porch. C20 door to the cottage. Interior (St. Michael's House): first floor room to right has a bolection moulded fire surround with a moulded cornice and mantelshelf, panelled overmantel which dies into fragments of a dentilled cornice.
Listing NGR: ST5056869490
Copyright IoE Mr Cyril N. Chapman. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Chapman, Cyril N.
Rights Holder: Chapman, Cyril N.
Render, Tile, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling