This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST 56 NW OLD WESTON ROAD (north-west side) 7/153 Long Ashton Magistrate's Court G.V. II
Magistrate's Court and Police Station. 1857-58 by John Norton. Coursed rubble with freestone dressings; double Roman tiled roof; panelled ashlar stacks. In a late Gothic style. Single storey and attics in gabled half dormers. 1:4:1 bays: the outer bays are advanced as 2 storey gabled wings with, on the ground floor, 3-light cross windows in chamfered mullions and surrounds and 3-light windows with shouldered segmental heads on first floor, all under relieving arches. The centre bays have similar but 2-light windows. Central gabled porch with side buttresses; pointed doorway under a hoodmould; lean-to porches in re-entrant angles with wings.
Listing NGR: ST5190169576
Copyright IoE Mr Cyril N. Chapman. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Chapman, Cyril N.
Rights Holder: Chapman, Cyril N.
Rubble, Stone, Tile, Victorian Magistrates Court, Civil, Law Court, Legal Site, Police Station