This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SO 51 SE COLEFORD MARKET PLACE 4/14 Tower of former parish church
Church tower. 1821, Henry Poole. Coursed and dressed rubble stone. Gothic. Square with 3 stages. Large blind arch to east marking position of former attached octagonal church (demolished in 1882). Small blocked openings on second stage, twin-light louvred belfry windows on third stage. Doors on 3 sides, blocked to north and west. Embattled parapet with pinnacles as continuation of stepped diagonal buttresses. Clock faces on south, west and north sides.
Listing NGR: SO5750710698
Copyright IoE Caroline Taylor. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Taylor, Caroline
Rights Holder: Taylor, Caroline
Rubble, Stone, Georgian Tower, Unassigned, Building, Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship