This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SO 50 NE NEWLAND NEWLAND VILLAGE: CENTRE
Phillips memorial, about 23 metres 8/104 east of south aisle in churchyard of the Church of All Saints
Chest tomb. Phillips family, mid C18. Earliest inscription to Mary Phillips, died 1756, on renewed panel on south side.
Inscription on north side to William Phillips, died 1774, a coalminer from Coleford. Sandstone. Flat top, moulded capping, plinth not visible, heavy bolstered ends. Inscriptions in fielded rectangular panels.
Listing NGR: SO5530909516
Copyright IoE Caroline Taylor. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Taylor, Caroline
Rights Holder: Taylor, Caroline
Sandstone, Georgian Chest Tomb, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site