This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1671 BROAD STREET (North Side) Roman Catholic Church of St Augustine TF 0307 1/427 II GV 2.
1864. Architect G Goldie. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roof. Gabled to front with finial contains mandorla of Madonna and Child above 2 short bank arcades divided by column with foliated capital flank large arched window with quatrefoil above lancets. Unusual asymmetrically placed bell-cote with steep hipped roof with iron ridge and finial. Piers flank bell above blank arcades separated by half-columns with foliated capitals. Upper part of ashlar.
Porch to left side of church. Interior has short piers, some of red granite.
Listed solely as a feature of the street.
The Roman Catholic Church of St Augustine, School, Wall and gate piers to Church with Nos 14,15 and Nos 17 to 22 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0308407314
Copyright IoE C. Culligan. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Culligan, C.
Rights Holder: Culligan, C.
Ashlar, Rubble, Slate, Victorian Roman Catholic Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship