This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SO 90 SW SAPPERTON SAPPERTON VILLAGE
1/99 Village Hall
Village Hall, 1912 by Ernest Barnsley and Norman Jewson. Rubble stone with flush quoins, Cotswold stone-slate roof, one small stone stack with cornice and off-set. L-plan with 3 gables facing into angle, 2 facing north east in single storey wing, one larger facing south east with 1st floor window. 2 smaller gables have mullion and transom window each, taller gable has 2-liqht stone-mullions all with leaded lights. Gables on north east have perforated triangular vents, on south east louvred slit vents. 2 boarded doors under large cambered timber lintels, to left and in angle.
Listing NGR: SO9477403281
Copyright IoE Mr E. Currier. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Currier, E.
Rights Holder: Currier, E.
Cotswold Stone, Rubble, Stone, 20th Century Village Hall, Civil, Meeting Hall, Public Building