This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. 1671 BARN HILL (East Side) No 12 TF 0207 1/35 22.5.54.
II* GV 2.
A fine late C17 house of 2 storeys, attics and basement. 5 gabled dormers of which one has an original sliding sash and 2 are blocked and painted, 2 have C19 casements. Wide moulded and carved eaves cornice. 2 stone chimney stacks at gable ends. Roof of stone slates. Coursed rubble, under a heavy cover of ivy. 5 windows, no glazing bars, fliish frames, flat arches in stone with carved voussoirs. Basement windows have stone mullions and are blocked. Door at end of elevation, with very fine reeded wood case with heavy moulded curved hood on large elaborately moulded brackets. Wood keystone and moulded surround to door of 6 panels, 2 glass. Original wrought iron railings on small stone wall, curved to doorway. Side elevation rendered.
Garage premises to No 9A,9A,9,10,Sunday School and Nos 12 to 17 (consec) together with Nos 1 to 8 (consec), All Saints' Place form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0278907234
© C Culligan. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Culligan, C.
Rights Holder: Culligan, C.
Rubble, Stone, Wrought Iron, Stuart House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Wall, Barrier, Railings