This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1671 ALL SAINTS' STREET (South Side) St Peter's Callis Almshouses TF 0207 1/11 II 2.
Almshouses rebuilt in 1863 in 'Gothic' manner. Foundation reputed of C15 merchants of the Staple of Calais - hence its name. Provides for 3 spinsters. One storey in ashlar. Roof of stone slates. 2 tall ashlar chimney stacks. Tall gable to left, with finial, recess with blank shield. 4-light mullion window above 6 recessed panels. Door in 4-centred archway with carved spandrels below moulded small Diitch gable with name of almshouses and date on label. 2-light window to right. Stone plinth.
Listing NGR: TF0274807084
Copyright IoE C. Culligan. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Culligan, C.
Rights Holder: Culligan, C.
Ashlar, Stone, Medieval Building, Tudor Unassigned, Almshouse, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Health And Welfare, Domestic, Residential Building