This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
THORNAGE - TG 03 NW 1/111 Barn at Breck Farm 20m north-east of Breck Farm House GV II
Barn, 2nd half of C18. Brick, Flemish bond. Flint plinth to right.
Pantiles. Gable parapets. 6 bays, 2 large openings, left hand doors renewed. Ventilation slits, dentil cornice. Gables of tumbled brick with letters E A (Edward Astley, s.1760, d.1802) in iron. Left hand gable with blocked window and weather vane. Continuous outshut to rear in uncoursed flint and brick mosaic. Two main doorways. Interior: walls of coursed flint and brick mosaic. Brick above eaves level of left hand gable. Brick pilasters flanking doorways. Renewed 3 tier staggered purlin roof with 2 collars, braces to tie beams; queen struts. 3 rows of staggered purlins, to outshut roof. Many moulded roof members of outshut and moulded bressumer to right hand rear doorway probably reused. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: TG0471038359
Copyright IoE Mr John D. Cucksey. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cucksey, John D.
Rights Holder: Cucksey, John D.
Brick, Flint, Pantile, Georgian Barn, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building