This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
The following buildings shall be added to the list:
SU 06 SW DEVIZES Kennet & Avon Canal
6/1 Brickham Bridge, at SU0lS 621
Road bridge. Early C19, C20 alterations. Rennie's standard design. Brick and stone.
Single elliptical arch, band, solid parapet and piers, with stone coping. Towpath retaining wall with brick coping. Single, early C20, GWR weight restriction sign at NE corner of bridge. Cast-iron, lozenge-shaped sign with raised lettering, mounted on iron stanchion. At SW corner of bridge, close to parapet, 2, WWII anti-tank reinforced concrete cylinders. Part of the bridge lies in Roundway C.P. The Kennet and Avon Canal was constructed between 1794-1810. John Rennie was principal engineer.
Listing NGR: SU0149962090
Copyright IoE Mr DR Parker. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Parker, Dr
Rights Holder: Parker, Dr
Brick, Cast Iron, Concrete, Stone, Georgian Canal, Transport, Canal Transport Site, Water Transport Site, Water Supply And Drainage, Watercourse, Road Bridge, Road Transport Site, Bridge, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument