Two Unidentified Monuments In Churchyard, 4 To 6 Metres South Of Lady Chapel, Church Of St Mary

Date:
14 Aug 1999
Location:
Two Unidentified Monuments In Churchyard, 4 To 6 Metres South Of Lady Chapel, Church Of St Mary, Chandlers Lane, Bishops Cannings, Kennet, Wiltshire, SN10 2JZ
Reference:
IOE01/00247/28
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

BISHOPS CANNINGS CHANDLERS LANE SU 06 SW (east side) 6/117 Two unidentified monuments in churchyard, 4-6m south of Lady Chapel, Church of St Mary II

Two chest tombs. C18. Limestone. From north: (a) Cyma table, the base buried. Projecting architrave over 3 floral pilasters each side dividing panels. Inscription illegible.

(b) Cyma table. Three floral pilasters carrying entablature and separating shield panels. To William Ch*** died 1723.

Listing NGR: SU0378264164

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Parker_DR IOE Records for Parker, DR; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Mr DR Parker. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Parker, Dr

Rights Holder: Parker, Dr

Keywords

Limestone, Stuart Chest Tomb, Georgian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site