This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. Church of Saint Edmund 5327 Hardingstone SP 7657 26/437 3.5.68.
C13 in origin (1223). Chancel (refaced externally C18), south chapel, nave with arcades of 5 bays and clerestory with 3 windows either side, aisles, porches, west tower of 2 stages with diagonal buttresses, battlemented parapet, corner pinnacles, wrought iron weather vane. North porch C14, south porch C15 or early C16. Arcades C14, windows early C16. Restored 1869.
Harvey south chapel contains fine C17 monuments. C18 chancel monument by Rysbrack.
Good wall monuments in aisles. 3 hatchments. Carved C17 sedilia, remodelled C19 from a tomb front. Floor brass of 1767.
The Church of Saint Edmund and the Vicarage form a group.
Listing NGR: SP7634757803
Copyright IoE Mr Ron Fitzhugh. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Fitzhugh, Ron
Rights Holder: Fitzhugh, Ron
Medieval Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative, Commemorative Brass, Weather Vane, Unassigned, Wall Monument