This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
YATTON C.P. CHURCH ROAD (south side) ST 46 NW 5/150 Hindmarsh monument in the churchyard about 26 metres south west of porch of Church of St. Mary G.V. II Pedestal tomb. Early C20. Polished red granite. Fine example of late Victorian funerary style. Square base has brackets to each side and broach stops, radiating circles incised at each corner, pedestal has inscription to front and Corinthian column to each corner, frieze with incised flower design and triglyph blocks, round pediment to each side above with finials to corners, octagonal base for small dome with incised fluting, surmounted by draped urn.
Roll-moulded border has blocks at corners with roll-moulded crosses. To Bessie Jane Hindmarsh, 1919.
Listing NGR: ST4312065378
Copyright IoE Mr Derek Evans. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Evans, Derek
Rights Holder: Evans, Derek
Granite, Victorian Tomb, 20th Century Religious Ritual And Funerary, Funerary Site