This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EDINGTON WESTBURY ROAD ST 95 SW (north side) 5/176 The Old Vicarage II Rectory, now detached house. Circa 1825, restored 1983. English bond brick, hipped Welsh slate roof, brick stacks. Two-storey, 3- window. Central half-glazed door with margin-panes, segmental- headed 12-pane sash either side, within glazed verandah. Sill band to three first floor sashes. One hipped attic dormer with 2- light casement. Left return has half-glazed door and sash, C20 conservatory, two sashes to first floor. C20 garage attached to right return with sash and conservatory to right, one sash to first floor. Rear has 4-panelled door with transom light and 9-pane sash either side to dressed limestone basement, ground floor has central blind window flanked by sashes, first floor has central sash flanked by blind windows, hipped attic dormer.
Interior retains original joinery; window shutters, 6-panelled doors to ground floor and 4-panelled doors to first floor. Open- well stairs have stick balusters, cast-iron balustrade to landing, moulded handrail. First floor has reeded fireplace surrounds with paterae. Ceased to be the rectory in 1982, 1983 restoration included removal of 2-storey one-bay early C20 extension to left side of front.
Listing NGR: ST9262253071
© Mr Ron L Pybus. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Pybus, Ron L
Rights Holder: Pybus, Ron L
Brick, Welsh Slate, Georgian Vicarage, Victorian Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Garage, Transport, Road Transport Site, Conservatory, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Glasshouse, Garden Building, Detached House, Monument (By Form)