This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
STEEPLE ASHTON CHURCH STREET ST 9056 (east side) 13/213 No 13 (Church Street House) GV II
House at end of row. Probably C17, refronted 1815. Stucco on brick, rear wall rendered timber-frame, Welsh slate roof with coped verges, brick stacks to right gable end and to left of centre. L- plan. Two-storey, 3-window. Central door with 6 fielded panels in pilastered architrave with flat stone hood on brackets, 16-pane sash either side. Lintel plat band, first floor has 16-pane sash either side of blind round-arched window over door, with painted date 1815, moulded cornice to plain blocking course. Right return has fixed small-pane window to ground floor, 2-light casement to first. Two-storey C18 rear wing with beaded mullioned casements, rear of main range with C20 lean-to extension, single-storey gabled wing to left.
Interior has blocked open fireplace, chamfered beams, early C19 joinery.
Listing NGR: ST9070756976
Copyright IoE Mr Ron L Pybus. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Pybus, Ron L
Rights Holder: Pybus, Ron L
Brick, Render, Stucco, Timber, Welsh Slate, Tudor Row House, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart House, Jacobean Domestic, Dwelling