This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TG20NW SOUTH PARK AVENUE (north side) Bandstand at Eaton Park 4/10023 GV II Bandstand. 1924-8. By A Sandys Winch. Colourwashed stone and concrete with copper dome.
Classical style. Circular plan. 8 Tuscan columns rise from stepped plinth and support entablature and hemispherical dome. This bandstand stands at the centre of the quadrant pavilions (qv) and forms the climax of the significant group of structures in the layout at Eaton Park.
Eaton Park is included in the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens at Grade II.
Listing NGR: TG2056707506
Copyright IoE Mr Keith Erskine. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Erskine, Keith
Rights Holder: Erskine, Keith
Concrete, Copper, Stone, 20th Century Bandstand, Recreational, Music Speech And Dance Venue, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces