This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TG 2005 N CHURCH LANE, EATON (south-west side) 37/162 26.2.54 Church of St. Andrew.
- II* Parish Church. C13 with C15 tower. Knapped flint; flushwork on tower with Caen stone dressings; thatched roof. Nave and chancel in one; west tower, C13 north porch; C20 flat-roofed vestry to south. 6 lancet windows in have and chancel; east window has intersecting tracery.
4-stage tower with diagonal buttresses; perpendicular west window and 2-light belfry windows; crenellated parapet with pinnacles.
Interior: lofty tower arch; blocked rood screen door; piscina; C19 scissor~braced waggon roof with ashlar posts. C17 Communion table and grave slab of John Scamler (d.c.1688) in Chancel. Mediaeval font (heavily restored) brought from Sandingham Church in 1896.
Source: P. Hepworth, Eaton Parish and its Churches, Norwich, 1968.
Listing NGR: TG2025405966
Copyright IoE Mr Keith Erskine. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Erskine, Keith
Rights Holder: Erskine, Keith
Flint, Stone, Thatch, Medieval Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship, Tower, Unassigned, Building, Grave Slab, Grave Marker, Funerary Site