Waterpump At Tg 1947 0563

Date:
5 Aug 1999
Location:
Waterpump At Tg 1947 0563, Newmarket Road, Cringleford, South Norfolk, Norfolk
Reference:
IOE01/00262/12
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

TG 10 NW CRINGLEFORD NEWMARKET ROAD (south side) 2/19 Waterpump at TG 1947 0563

II

Water pump, 1835, cast iron by Watts of Norwich. c.2.3m high with 1.6m handle. Barrel with 4 inch bore, clasped bands and knob finial. The pump is one of six erected by Howlett and Bacon for the Norwich and Thetford Turnpike Trust to provide water to lay the dust on the main road at a cost of 14-12-Od each plus 3 shillings for a padlock. The pump was originally sited c.600m to the west over a 72 foot bore but was moved due to road widening c.1974.

Listing NGR: TG1947005630

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Erskine_Keith IOE Records for Erskine, Keith; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Mr Keith Erskine. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Erskine, Keith

Rights Holder: Erskine, Keith

Keywords

Cast Iron, Georgian Water Pump, Victorian Water Supply And Drainage, Pump, Water Supply Site