This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TG 10 SE HETHERSETT ( OLD )NORWICH ROAD 5/41 Waterpump at TG 1590 0491 c.200m South-west of Church of St Remigius
Waterpump, 1835, cast iron. c.2.10m high with 1.6m handle. Barrel with 4 inch bore, clasped bands and crown finial; embossed SHALDERS PATENT / NORWICH / POWER and BARRETT & SON. The pump is one of six erected for the Norwich and Thetford Turnpike Trust at a- cost of 14-12-0 each plus 3 shillings for a padlock. The pump was originally sited c.350m to the south- west but was repositioned c.1985 due to road construction.
Listing NGR: TG1590004910
Copyright IoE Mr Keith Erskine. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Erskine, Keith
Rights Holder: Erskine, Keith
Cast Iron, Georgian Water Pump, Victorian Water Supply And Drainage, Pump, Water Supply Site