This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1, 799 PEBBLE LANE Water Pump SP 8113 NE 1/265
Circa 1840, the only remaining exmple of the public pumps which supplied Aylesbury with drinking water. Cast iron with handle for hand pumping, shaft about 10 feet high. Secured to wall of lane by metal brackets.
Listing NGR: SP8179913876
Copyright IoE Dr Barry Senior. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Senior, Barry
Rights Holder: Senior, Barry
Cast Iron, Georgian Water Pump, Victorian Water Supply And Drainage, Pump, Water Supply Site