This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TF3243SE LONDON ROAD 716-1/14/88 (West side) 14/02/75 Plaque attached to No.21 (No.21 not included)
Plaque. 1803 moved to this location in 1970. Cast-iron, set in modern brick surround. Tall plaque with semicircular head, has a raised crown beneath a swag of grapes sitting above an anchor flanked by the date 1803, with W.Holden Tavern inscribed beneath. The plaque was formerly fixed to the side wall of the Crown and Anchor Public House, which stood on this site until its demolition in 1968. It was cast at Howden's foundry in Witham Town, Boston.
Listing NGR: TF3262643166
Copyright IoE Mr Ray Horrocks. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Horrocks, Ray
Rights Holder: Horrocks, Ray