This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TF3243NE SOUTH SQUARE 716-1/10/167 (West side) 27/05/49 Haven House
Includes: Warehouse occupied by Hurst and Sons SOUTH SQUARE.
Warehouse now flats. C15, 1810, with C20 origins. Squared limestone, red brick, slate roof, stone coped gables. EXTERIOR: 6 storeys, 6-bay gabled front, with stone ground floor with band at top. Ground floor has C20 segmental arched opening to left with recessed entrance doors and to right four 2-light C20 casements. To 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors 6 similar casements. 4th and 5th floors are in the gable and have 4 and 2 openings respectively. Openings have segmental brick openings. Returns and riverside elevation have similar fenestration, the riverside having central doors and C20 iron balconies. INTERIOR: not inspected. HISTORY: the stonework is part of the medieval Gysors Hall, destroyed in 1810 when the warehouse was built.
Listing NGR: TF3280043868
Copyright IoE Mr Ray Horrocks. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Horrocks, Ray
Rights Holder: Horrocks, Ray