This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TF3244SE CHURCH CLOSE 716-1/7/9 (North side) 14/02/75 The Magistrates Court (Formerly Listed as: CHURCH CLOSE (North side) Sessions House. Wall to forecourt of Sessions House)
Sessions house, now magistrates court. 1841-3 by Charles Kirk of Sleaford. Ashlar, lead roofs. Tudor Gothic style. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, 3-bay centre section, flanked by advanced 3 storey single bays. Stepped corner buttresses, deeply crenellated. Gothic panelled parapets, with Royal Arms at the centre, cornice with carved foliation. Centre bays subdivided by pilasters surmounted by tall, shield bearing lions. Central Tudor entrance doorway with plank and muntin door, traceried panel above, flanked by single 2-light windows. To either side are single Tudor doorways with carved spandrels and rectangular hoodmoulds with carved foliate heads. To 1st floor a tall central 3-light window with transom, tracery to head and rectangular hood mould is flanked by similar 2-light windows, beyond are single canted oriels with stone roofs and Gothic panelled bases. To 2nd floor are 2 pairs of narrow lights. All windows have moulded surrounds. INTERIOR: retains contemporary joinery including linenfold panelling.
Listing NGR: TF3271444262
Copyright IoE Mr Ray Horrocks. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Horrocks, Ray
Rights Holder: Horrocks, Ray