This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EATON HASTINGS LECHLADE ROAD (North Side) SU29NE Bell House 2/84 GV II Village school and school house, now dwelling. Circa 1890, by Sir Ernest George and Alfred Yeates for Alexander Henderson of Buscot Park. Cotswold vernacular style.
Coursed rubble stone, stone dressings with a gabled stone tiled roof and tall stone ridge stack. L shaped plan with the former school room in the W wing at right angles to the road. Large mullioned and transomed window to former school room, 3 and 4-light mullioned windows with leaded casements elsewhere. One large dormer through the eaves line with a hipped stone tiled roof with dripstone and plank door with leaded lights. An open wood bell turret with a shaped lead cap rises from where the 2 wings meet.
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SU2536797000
© Mrs J. Ragon-Chambers. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Ragon-Chambers, J.
Rights Holder: Ragon-Chambers, J.
Rubble, Stone, Tile, Victorian School, 20th Century Education, School House, House, Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling