Monument To Henry Bradly In The Churchyard Approximately 0.5 Metres South Of Monument To Hannah Bradly South Of Church Of St John

Date:
23 Aug 1999
Location:
Monument To Henry Bradly In The Churchyard Approximately 0.5 Metres South Of Monument To Hannah Bradly South Of Church Of St John, Elmore, Stroud, Gloucestershire
Reference:
IOE01/00360/23
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SO 71 SE ELMORE -

4/30 Monument to Henry Bradly in the churchyard approximately O.5m south of monument to Hannah Bradly south of Church of St. John

GV II

Chest tomb. Dated 1730. Limestone. Lyre-ended with 2 figures on east end holding swag inscription panel and open book; west end has 3 winged cherub's heads on shell backing. Raised rectangular inscription panels to sides with elaborately carved and undercut borders, both flanked by putti. Cornice moulded top and cyma moulded base. Inscribed on south side to Henry Bradly, died 1730, and to other members of family on north side.

Listing NGR: SO7672114905

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0696 IOE Records taken by Jack Farley; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Jack Farley. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Farley, Jack

Rights Holder: Farley, Jack

Keywords

Limestone, Stuart Chest Tomb, Georgian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site