Bradly Family Monument In The Churchyard Approximately 0.5 Metres South Of Monument To Henry Bradly South Of Church Of St John

Date:
23 Aug 1999
Location:
Bradly Family Monument In The Churchyard Approximately 0.5 Metres South Of Monument To Henry Bradly South Of Church Of St John, Elmore, Stroud, Gloucestershire
Reference:
IOE01/00360/24
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SO 71 SE ELMORE -

4/31 Bradly family monument in the churchyard approximately 0.5m south of monument to Henry Bradly south of Church of St. John

GV II

Chest tomb. Dated 1734. Limestone. Lyre-ended with arched niches, at west end containing figure of father time above wheel, at east end death. Oval inscription panel to south side with swag curtain over and 2 winged cherub's heads above; swag inscription panel on north side with central winged cherub's head over, flanked by floral carving. Cornice moulded top and base. Inscribed on north side to ---- Bradly. died 1734.

Listing NGR: SO7672114903

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0696 IOE Records taken by Jack Farley; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Jack Farley. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Farley, Jack

Rights Holder: Farley, Jack

Keywords

Limestone, Georgian Chest Tomb, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site