Ravenhill Monument In The Churchyard Approximately 7 Metres North Of Church Of St John

Date:
23 Aug 1999
Location:
Ravenhill Monument In The Churchyard Approximately 7 Metres North Of Church Of St John, Elmore, Stroud, Gloucestershire
Reference:
IOE01/00360/33
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SO 71 SE ELMORE -

4/40 Ravenhill monument in the churchyard approximately 7m north of Church of St. John

GV II

Pedestal tomb. Dated 1838. Sandstone. Doric frieze to ends with raised panel below, square to east, circular to west. Large raised circular panel to north side with paterae in spandrels. Large rectangular panel to south with quadrant corners and paterae.

Moulded top with rectangular domical coping above; cyma moulded base. Inscribed on north to WILLIAN RAVENHILL, died 1838.

Listing NGR: SO7673014940

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0696 IOE Records taken by Jack Farley; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Jack Farley. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Farley, Jack

Rights Holder: Farley, Jack

Keywords

Sandstone, Georgian Tomb, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Funerary Site