Wolverton Rectory / The Old House

Date:
10 Oct 1999
Location:
Wolverton Rectory, Baughurst, Basingstoke And Deane, Hampshire
Show all locations
The Old House, Rectory Lane, Baughurst, Basingstoke And Deane, Hampshire
Reference:
IOE01/00382/09
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SU 55 NW BAUGHURST RECTORY LANE 8/35 16.5.66 The Old House (formerly listed as Wolverton Rectory under Wolverton)

II

Early C18, late C19. Queen Anne house (the nearby rebuilt church is 1717), with later extensions to the rear. The east front has 2 storeys and attic to the symmetrical main part, of 5 windows; and 2 storeys to the offices (south) wing, of 3 windows.

Tile roof, hipped central dormer. The main front has a stone coping to a parapet red brick walling in Flemish bond, rubbed flat arches, sashes in exposed frames (those to the ground floor having floor level cills): the wing has a tile roof with brick dentil eaves, English bond walling with rubbed arches to the ground floor, sash windows (the central being a Venetian light). The substantial Victorian extensions have matching form, on a larger scale: the north front includes a columned porch with arched stone hood and simple mouldings. Within, the hall and a ground floor room retain C18 pinewood panelling.

Listing NGR: SU5665359212

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0242 IOE Records taken by M Bridger; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr M. Bridger. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Bridger, M.

Rights Holder: Bridger, M.

Keywords

Brick, Stone, Tile, Stuart House, Georgian Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling, Vicarage, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling