Blakemore Monument Approximately 15 Metres South-West Of Church Of St Swithin

Date:
14 Aug 1999
Location:
Blakemore Monument Approximately 15 Metres South-West Of Church Of St Swithin, Ganarew, Herefordshire, NP25 3SS
Reference:
IOE01/00390/16
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SO 51 NW GANAREW CP GANAREW 5/7 Blakemore monument approximately 15 m south-west of Church of St Swithin

GV II

Pedestal monument. c1855. Ashlar. Square-set, moulded plinth on stepped base. Gothic. Stepped moulded capping with short pinnacle, band of quatrefoils below inscription panels with cusped arch flanked by miniature stepped buttress motif to each side, stiff-leaf embellishment to pinnacle with implied tracery below of 2 cusped lights with rounder. Commemorates Richard Blakemore Esq of The Leys in this parish, died 1855 and other members of the Blakemore family.

Listing NGR: SO5294416313

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/2168 IOE Records taken by Gary Were; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Gary Were. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Were, Gary

Rights Holder: Were, Gary

Keywords

Ashlar, Georgian Commemorative Monument, Victorian Commemorative