Clock Tower

Date:
21 Aug 1999
Location:
Clock Tower, Whitchurch, Herefordshire, HR9 6DQ
Reference:
IOE01/00390/28
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SO 51 NW WHITCHURCH CP WHITCHURCH

5/198 Clock Tower



GV II

Clock tower. 1867. Red brick with darker brick dressings, hipped pyramidal slate roof. Square plan with entrance to south-east face.

Three stages, moulded plinth, string course, modillion eaves cornice, semi-circular headed doorway to ground floor. Niche with inscription panel above and clock face to top stage, gabled lucarnes to roof.

"Erected/ in/ memory of/ William Panter/ John Leach/ Panter/ and their sisters/ by their sole/ remaining sister AD 1867". A typical Victorian village feature.

Listing NGR: SO5496717602

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/2168 IOE Records taken by Gary Were; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Gary Were. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Were, Gary

Rights Holder: Were, Gary

Keywords

Brick, Slate, Victorian Clock Tower, Unassigned, Tower, Building, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative