This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SO 51 NW LLANGARRON CP LLANGROVE
5/125 Christ Church
Former parish church. 1854/6 by G F Bodley. Coursed and square sand- stone rubble, ashlar dressings, C20 tiled roof. Nave, south porch and south aisle, chancel. In the style of c1300. Four-bay nave: three windows with 2-trefoiled lights to south aisle; lean-to roof east of gabled porch. Gabled bell cote to west end. Two-bay chancel with one window of 2-trefoil headed lights and cinquefoil in roundel with hood- mould to west and 3-light window to east with trefoils and cusping to outer lights flanking central trefoil headed light with trefoil roundel above, hoodmould, central stepped buttress and diagonal buttressing to east end. Interior: nave: trussed rafter roof. Open wagon roof to chancel; south arcade: three bays, simple chamfered piers without capitals.
George Frederick Bodley trained with G E Street under Sir G Gilbert Scott 1845/50. This is one of his first commissions.
Listing NGR: SO5265619270
© Mr Gary Were. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Were, Gary
Rights Holder: Were, Gary
Ashlar, Rubble, Sandstone, Tile, Victorian Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship