West Coach House At Colesbourne Park

Date:
15 Sep 1999
Location:
West Coach House At Colesbourne Park, Colesbourne, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL53 9NP
Reference:
IOE01/00443/07
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SP 01 SW COLESBOURNE COLESBOURNE VILLAGE

4/35 West coach house at Colesbourne Park GV II

Coach house. Dated 1859 on shield datestone; by David Brandon for H. J. Elwes. Limestone ashlar with cross-roll saddles to parapet gables; coved eaves with cast-iron gutters on slender brackets: plain tile roof. Central arched coachway with room over; single storey coach house wings on either side. Off centre gable with 3-centred chamfered arch to coachway beneath; 2-light mullioned window with hoodmould in gable; shield datestone over carries initials IHE; 3 coach doorways with 4 centred arches to left of main archway, 2 to right, each with a pair of large plank doors opening outwards. Gable with 2-light window repeated over coachway arch at back. Windows have leaded casements. One of a group of 3 round central courtyard.

Listing NGR: SP0034113448

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1641 IOE Records taken by Michael Purnell; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Michael Purnell. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Purnell, Michael

Rights Holder: Purnell, Michael

Keywords

Ashlar, Limestone, Tile, Victorian Coach House, Transport, Road Transport Site, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument