The Old Vicarage

Date:
4 Oct 1999
Location:
The Old Vicarage, Vicarage Lane, Charlton, North Wiltshire, Wiltshire, SN16 9DN
Reference:
IOE01/00447/13
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

ST 98 NE CHARLTON VICARAGE LANE, Perry Green (east side)

6/45 The Old Vicarage

II

Former vicarage, now detached house. Circa 1850. Squared and coursed rubble, ashlar dressings and copings, Welsh slate roofs with paired ashlar stacks set on the diagonal: some lateral, others ridge. Cruciform plan of 2 storeys and attics with gabled ends to each wing. Windows are 2 and 3-light chamfered cross- mullions with hoodmoulds and casements. Canted bay with French windows to south wing, porch in angle on west facade with Tudor- arched openings: glazed and panelled door. Moulded string courses, flush rusticated quoins, and stepped copings with kneelers and openwork apex finials to gables. Attached contemporary stable range to north-west.

Interior. Contemporary bookcases and slate fireplace in ground floor study.

Listing NGR: ST9667989334

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1274 IOE Records taken by Margaret E Lucas; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mrs Margaret E Lucas. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Lucas, Margaret E

Rights Holder: Lucas, Margaret E

Keywords

Ashlar, Rubble, Welsh Slate, Georgian Vicarage, Victorian Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Detached House, Monument (By Form)