Faringdon Village Smithy

Date:
15 Oct 1999
Location:
Faringdon Village Smithy, Lechlade Road, Buscot, Vale Of White Horse, Oxfordshire
Reference:
IOE01/00462/06
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

BUSCOT LECHLADE ROAD SU2397 (South side) Faringdon 5/10 Village Smithy GV II Purpose-built forge. c1890. In Cotswold vernacular style by Sir Ernest George and Alfred Yeates. Coursed rubble stone with stone dressings, gabled stone tiled roof and central stone stack. 1 storey, 2 bays at right angles to the road with double door cart entrance and subsidiary doorway. N gable end to roadside has a coursed stone base with weather boarding above and louvres in the apex of the gable. 2 and 4 wood mullioned lights with leaded glazing.

Listing NGR: SU2306897499

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1650 IOE Records taken by J Ragon-Chambers; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mrs J. Ragon-Chambers. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Ragon-Chambers, J.

Rights Holder: Ragon-Chambers, J.

Keywords

Rubble, Stone, Tile, Victorian Forge, 20th Century Industrial, Engineering Industry Site, Metal Smelting Site, Metal Industry Site