CHRISTCHURCH

Date:
16 Oct 1999
Location:
Christchurch, Savernake, Kennet, Wiltshire, SN8 4NE
Reference:
IOE01/00486/12
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SAVERNAKE CADLEY SU 26 NW (east side) 3/129 Christchurch

II

Parish church, now house. 1851 by T.H. Wyatt. Flint, with limestone banding and dressings. Slate roof. Nave and chancel, and entrance under south-west tower. South vestry at right angles to chancel. Chancel of 2 bays with angle buttresses. Nave of 4 bays. Two-light windows in C14 style to both nave and chancel, and 5-light east window. Lean-to at west end, asymmetrical with gabled windows. Tower of 2 stages with large 2-light upper windows and short pyramidal stone spire with small lucarnes. Interior partly converted for domestic use, but 3 bays of nave not completed at time of survey (November 1985). Vault under tower.

Chancel divided horizontally to 2 storeys.

Listing NGR: SU2087866573

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0955 IOE Records taken by B J W Heath; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr B.J.W. Heath. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Heath, B.J.W.

Rights Holder: Heath, B.J.W.

Keywords

Flint, Limestone, Slate, Stone, Victorian Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship, House, Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling