Leper House

Date:
6 Oct 1999
Location:
Leper House, Whitehouse Lane, Brewood, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire
Reference:
IOE01/02128/30
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

BREWOOD C.P. WHITEHOUSE LANE SJ 80 NE (North side)

4/118 Leper House

G.V. II

Farmhouse. C17 with C18 rebuilding; dated 1716 on gable of dormer window. Close studded timber framing, partly rebuilt in brick; clay tile roof and central brick stack. 2 framed bays, entrance to rear of stack; extensions to front and rear to form a T-shaped plan with main building. 1 storey and attic with 2 storeyed extension to left; casement windows with segmental heads.

Interior: exposed ceiling beams and inglenook fireplace.

Listing NGR: SJ8677105022

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1995 IOE Records taken by G W Tanner; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr GW Tanner. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Tanner, Gw

Rights Holder: Tanner, Gw

Keywords

Brick, Clay, Tile, Timber, Tudor Farmhouse, Elizabethan Domestic, Stuart Agricultural Dwelling, Jacobean Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Timber Framed House, Monument <By Form>, Timber Framed Building, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument

Back
to top