St Alban's Church Hall, 130 Metres To North West Of St Alban's Church

Date:
27 Oct 1999
Location:
St Alban's Church Hall, 130 Metres To North West Of St Alban's Church, Epping, Epping Forest, Essex, CM16 7QL
Reference:
IOE01/02135/07
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

1. SCHEDULE

1085 COOPERSALE COMMON

TL 40 SE

SP/434 St Alban's Church Hall, 130m to NW of St Alban's Church II GV

2.

Sunday School 1882. Built for Miss Houblon of Coopersale Hall (also patron of St Alban's church). Polychrome brick with plain tile roof. T-plan with C20 outshots on south end and in north-west angle at entrance. High Victorian "Reformed" or "modern" Gothic style. Elevations in yellow stock brick with red and blue brick string courses and dressings. Projecting gable has arched recessed panel with bi-partite double hung sash windows with glazing bars under two centre arches in rubbed brick.

Above, head of large arch is infilled with nailhead brick and quatre-foil opening.

Decorative brick drip moulding to arch. Dogtooth brick course under projecting gable verge. Gable roof with quarter hip and cross wing both with decorative ridge tiles and crocket finials. The parish hall forms a group with St Alban's Church to south-west.

Listing NGR: TL4760502556

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1734 IOE Records taken by Ian Rogers; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Ian Rogers. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Rogers, Ian

Rights Holder: Rogers, Ian

Keywords

Brick, Tile, Victorian Sunday School, Education, School, Church Hall, Civil, Meeting Hall, Public Building

Back
to top