Caesar Monument In St Marys Churchyard 45 Metres To West North West Of Church

Date:
3 Aug 1999
Location:
Caesar Monument In St Marys Churchyard 45 Metres To West North West Of Church, Church Lane, Bayford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG13 8PP
Reference:
IOE01/02144/21
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

TL 3008 BAYFORD CHURCH LANE (West side)

5/19 Caesar monument in - St. Mary's churchyard 45M to WNW of church

GV II

Monument. 1740 to Charles Caesar of Bayford and his family. White and grey veined marble on freestone steps. A Baroque sarcophagus with grey marble upcurving sides, inscribed stone tablets of white marble affixed to sides and ends, raised on scotia moulded feet over panelled rectangular veined white marble base with moulded stone step and chamfered outer step. Boldly gadrooned stage below scotia moulded cap and pyramidal top in grey marble.

Listing NGR: TL3092408855

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1182 IOE Records taken by Sam Klok; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Sam Klok. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Klok, Sam

Rights Holder: Klok, Sam

Keywords

Marble, Stone, Georgian Sarcophagus, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Coffin, Funerary Site, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative

Back
to top