- 5 Aug 1999
- The Vicarage, West Street, Ditchling, Lewes, East Sussex, BN6 8TS
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
DITCHLING WEST STREET 1.
5206 (south side) The Vicarage TQ 3215 20/310 20.8.65.
Originally a pair of flint cottages. Converted into one house in the early C19 and the Vicarage since 1926. Two storeys. Two windows facing south, these windows facing west. Stuccoed. Wide eaves cornice. Hipped slate roof. Windows with Venetian shutters and glazing bars intact. Each window-bay of south front is flanked by fluted Ionic pilasters. Later bay on ground floor of westernmost window-bay.
Listing NGR: TQ3247815205
© Robert E Priest. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Priest, Robert E
Rights Holder: Priest, Robert E
Flint, Slate, Stucco, Georgian House, Victorian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Vicarage, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling