Walls Extending From Mill Lane Around The Lighthouse And Linked Buildings

Date:
1 Oct 2000
Location:
Walls Extending From Mill Lane Around The Lighthouse And Linked Buildings, Mill Lane, Boldon, South Tyneside, Tyne And Wear, SR6 7JF
Reference:
IOE01/02159/09
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

NZ 46SW BOLDON MILL LANE Whitburn

4/57 Walls extending from Mill Lane around the lighthhouse and linked buildings -

GV II

Walls enclosing entrance and buildings. 1871 by Sir James N Douglas for Trinity House, London. Whitewashed stone. A pair of walls encloses the entrance drive to the lighthouse and its buildings, breaking into quadrants before forming a rectangular enclosure around buildings and gardens. Roughly squared coursed rubble with round coping.

Listing NGR: NZ4073564149

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1774 IOE Records taken by David E Sandersfield; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr David E Sandersfield. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Sandersfield, David E

Rights Holder: Sandersfield, David E

Keywords

Rubble, Stone, Victorian Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier

Back
to top