Premises Occupied By Midland Bank

Date:
13 Sep 1999
Location:
Premises Occupied By Midland Bank, Cornmarket, High Wycombe, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2AX
Reference:
IOE01/02164/28
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

CORNMARKET 1. 963 (South Side) Premises occupied by Midland flank SU 8692 NE 1/16 SU 8693 SE 2/16 9.1.54.

II* GV 2.

C18, slightly altered by ground floor modern refronting of rusticated ashlar filth modern door and windows, generally in character. Upper storeys of red and grey chequer brickwork with chamfered red brick quoins. Old tiled roof with wooden moulded and modillioned cornice. Small casement box dormer.

3 windows, central one blocked on each floor, outer ones sashes in reveals with glazing bars; 1st floor moulded brick cornice heads above flat arches, central brick moulded eared architrave with pulvinated frieze, dentil cornice and pediment. Modern similar back wing.

Nos 1 to 5 (consec), The Little Market House, Guildhall, Premises occupied by Midland Bank and The Falcon Hotel form a group.

Listing NGR: SU8653892995

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1618 IOE Records taken by John R Powell; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr John R Powell. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Powell, John R

Rights Holder: Powell, John R

Keywords

Brick, Stone, Tile, Stuart Bank (Financial), Georgian Commercial

Back
to top